[wp-hackers] Need help with gallery plugin implementation

Martin Fitzpatrick martin.fitzpatrick at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 19:58:35 GMT 2007

On 01/03/07, Pierre-Luc Auclair <p.lucauclair at heliosmulti.com> wrote:
> That's what I thought at first but it's not that. I'm thinking going
> the wp_rewrite route, if it can exclude indivudual pages and do
> stuff like that. I'll look the WP_Rewrite function reference tonight
> when I'll be back from a reunion.

On second look the Rewrite Rule itself is broken:

RewriteRule ^plaplo/portfolio/category/([A-Za-z0-9-]+)$
/plaplo/portfolio?catslug=$1 [L]

Should be:

RewriteRule ^plaplo/portfolio/category/([A-Za-z0-9]+)$
plaplo/portfolio?catslug=$1 [L]

Note that you have an additional "-" at the end of the URL definition
and an additional "/" at the beginning of the destination URL. That
"/" is only required for a rule which redirects (put a "R," in the
bracket at the end ( ie. [R,L] ) and you'll see what the rewrite is
doing.

Can't help with WP_Rewrite but here is some info:
http://wordpress.org/tags/wp_rewrite

Martin