[wp-hackers] p inside blockquote

Sam Angove sam at rephrase.net
Thu Mar 1 07:50:45 GMT 2007

On 3/1/07, Scot Hacker <shacker at birdhouse.org> wrote:
> I'm not suggesting that it should. I'm saying that blockquote can
> stand on its own without any p container, either inside or outside of
> itself.

Ah, sorry. That's not really true in XHTML 1.0 Strict, though; a
blockquote can't contain just text:

<http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/dtds.html#dtdentry_xhtml1-strict.dtd_blockquote>

For divs and in Transitional, yeah. The example with the image is pretty bad.

It's not the first time people have had problems with wpautop (if the
behaviour has changed, it was probably to fix it for someone else),
and they're going to keep having problems until someone puts together
a suite of regression tests.