[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Marci O'Daffer marci at odaffer.net
Tue Jun 26 17:59:05 GMT 2007

I didn't finish this thought:

On 6/26/07, Marci O'Daffer <marci at odaffer.net> wrote:

> I'm not opposed to extending the functionality of links to include being
> able to make them behave in new and trendy ways, but ultimately they are
> still links. And I still think MOST people are just going to want to make
> links.

Where I was going was to say that for the purposes of the Admin of WP I
think the name Links is most accurate, and least confusing to most people.
If all these extra features are added as part of the CORE functionality of
WP, then maybe they will warrant a new name. But still I would suggest
something new like xLinks, for extended links, rather than bookmarks, which
again, MOST people think of as being something personal stored in their
browser....unless they are into social bookmarking, which I still think MOST
people who use the web for business are not.

Marci :)