[wp-hackers] Disable feedback for pages option

Leonid Mamchenkov leonid at mamchenkov.net
Tue Jun 26 13:09:55 GMT 2007

Hi,

On 6/26/07, Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk> wrote:
> Don't forget all this option does is set the default for these options for
> new posts/pages that are created - it does not change the settings for
> past posts.

Yes, and that's what I think is needed.  The default.

> These can easily be changed when you create the page.

Yes, but when WordPress installation is given to a client, than this
extra bit of training needs to be done.  Then, they forget sometimes
and start asking questions about pingbacks which were sent by their
own web site and things like that.

> Adding extra options for every type of content object seems to me to be a
> case of over engineering the number of options,

I'm not asking for an option for every type of object.  But I think
that since WP differentiates between pages and posts, then it makes
sense.

--
Leonid Mamchenkov