[wp-hackers] Disable feedback for pages option

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Tue Jun 26 11:37:48 GMT 2007

On Tue, June 26, 2007 12:28 pm, Leonid Mamchenkov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> it would be nice to have a global option to disable comments and
> pingbacks for pages.  Currently it's either pages AND posts, or on an
> individual level.

Don't forget all this option does is set the default for these options for
new posts/pages that are created - it does not change the settings for
past posts.

> The common case scenario that I see is that pages are used for About
> Us and Contact Us kind of pages, which don't need either comments or
> pingbacks.  Posts are used for everything else, and feedback is just
> fine there.

These can easily be changed when you create the page.

Adding extra options for every type of content object seems to me to be a
case of over engineering the number of options,

westi
--
Peter Westwood <peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk>
http://blog.ftwr.co.uk