[wp-hackers] wordpress as CMS, and e-commerce

Marci O'Daffer marci at odaffer.net
Mon Jun 25 15:03:49 GMT 2007

There is a very decent ecommerce plugin for WP here:

http://www.instinct.co.nz/e-commerce

They have a free and paid version. I have used the free version and it
worked well, other than a glitch with another plugin (but that is the fault
of the other plugin, which is known to be shaky).

That said, I don't know how you can not deal with online payments, once you
have a cart. But this one does have an option for manual payments.....if
that helps. Not manual payments alone, but manual payments as an option
alongside Paypal.

You will do a LOT better with online sales if you use Paypal or some sort of
payment processing online. Most people won't bother dealing with manual
payments of any sort -- they are too cumbersome. I know some folks refuse to
buy online too, for all kinds of security fears, but they are the minority.
The above cart is designed to work with Paypal in the free version.

HTH :)