[wp-hackers] Admin Action Prior to Headers

Bill Smith ml_wordpress at copperleaf.org
Sun Jun 24 00:55:28 GMT 2007

I'm working on a plugin that I want to store data in a session when in
the admin area. In order to do this, I need to call session_start before
any header data has been sent. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find a way
to do this just for admin pages and not impact standard pages. In other
words, I'd rather not call session_start with the init or plugins_loaded
actions. Looking through the docs and the source, I couldn't find
another way to do it. Any thoughts? If I have to do it with init or
plugins_loaded, is there a clean way to identify that it's an admin page
being loaded? Would it be worth adding an admin action just before
nocache_headers but after auth_redirect?

Thx,
Bill