[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Scot Hacker shacker at birdhouse.org
Fri Jun 22 05:42:32 GMT 2007

> From: "Charles" <lists07 at wiltgen.net>
>
> I'm embarrassed to be jumping into this thread, but Bookmarks/
> Favorites are
> a browser feature.  Pages have "links", not "bookmarks" or
> "favorites".  You
> bookmark a link, or add a link to favorites.

Well put.  "Links" is short and to the point,  unambiguous.
"Bookmarks" sounds like a feature  that's somehow integrated with the
browser, or aware of the author's personal collection of URLs. I
would have to explain the concept of "Bookmarks" to clients almost as
much as I have to explain the current "Blogroll." "Links" would
require little or no explanation. It is what it says it is.  I don't
get the appeal of "Bookmarks" at all. Why create needless confusion?

Scot