[wp-hackers] Re: Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Marci O'Daffer marci at odaffer.net
Thu Jun 21 16:57:06 GMT 2007

On 6/21/07, Jairus Pryor <jairus at gmail.com> wrote:

> There's also the fact that 'links' is a term already in use in WP. If
> we end up using 'links' rather than bookmarks, we're going to have to
> rename the 'insert link' button in the editor, otherwise we're going
> to confuse a lot of novices who have dutifully put all their links
> into the 'link' section, and are now trying to add them to their posts
> by clicking on the 'link' icon.

Actually, this is what prompted my question in the first place: we have
three different terms for it in use right now, and it's confusing which one
means what, or how each should be used. It sounds like you see two different
functionalities in WP right now....am I reading this right? If that's the
case I'd like to hear more and understand the differences. Thanks :)

And I agree that we have to be careful of the noobs and non-techies who use
WP. But it seems like some would disagree -- that we need to cater to the
techies, and let the rest of the world catch up. Again, something for the WP
core development team to decide, I guess. :)

Marci :)