[wp-hackers] Plugin could not be activated because it triggered

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Thu Jun 21 07:25:40 GMT 2007

On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 09:27 +0800, Robin Adrianse wrote:
> Just a side note, but I believe there may be clues in the error_log.
>
> But I think we should implement a custom, temporary error handler for
> activating plugins so we can actually show something to the user, because a
> blank screen and a cryptic message about a "fatal error" being "triggered"
> doesn't help much, when you think about it ;).

On a related note: If you would like to log stuff into a global logging
facility without echoing to the client, there's now a plugin I wanted to
release the next days: WPsyslog. It's already finished, it's only some
organisational issues that keep me from releasing.

You can download it from:
http://www.zirona.com/download/wp-plugins/wpsyslog/wpsyslog-0.1b.zip
http://www.zirona.com/download/wp-plugins/wpsyslog/wpsyslog-0.1b.tar.bz2

Invoke it anywhere in your code by calling
wpsyslog('module', 'Error Message', [optional parameters]);

It will put your message in a database, and you can read the log table
on a separate page.

All further info is in the package (readme.txt and doc/specs.html).

Have a try and let me know what you think. The official release will be
in a couple of days.

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de