[wp-hackers] Tango Smilies for the win

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Mon Jun 18 14:15:55 GMT 2007

<quote who="Dr. Mike Wendell">

> May want to check that as I believe Donncha has changed the code now to
> have the plugin subdirectory an internal variable:
>
> http://trac.mu.wordpress.org/changeset/919

That at least provides a non-magic-string way of getting the directory name,
but plugin authors still have to write code to figure out where their plugin
is installed on the filesystem and as an URL path (which is easy enough with
dirname(__FILE__), but it's still up to the plugin author -- there's no dumb
"where is my plugin, I don't care if I'm on WPSO or WPMU!" API that everyone
can use in ignorant bliss).

- Jeff

--
GUADEC 2007 in Beautiful Birmingham                   http://www.guadec.org/

                 ASCII stupid question, get a stupid ANSI.