[wp-hackers] Plugin options page

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Sat Jun 16 15:36:16 GMT 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:26 PM, Jeremy Clarke wrote:

>> Sabin's and Stephen's suggestion for a standardised link to each
>> plugin's options page in the plugin screen is excellent.
>
> Definitely the best solution.

Here are a couple example of plugins that do this nicely -- but
"manually".  We should roll this type of Configuration link into the
core....

DoFollow:
<http://kimmo.suominen.com/sw/dofollow/>
Disable the “nofollow” tagging for comments. Timeout using comment
age inspired by Christoph Rummel. Configuration: Options » DoFollow.
By Kimmo Suominen.

JavaScript Pull-Quotes:
<http://striderweb.com/nerdaphernalia/features/wp-javascript-pull-
quotes/>
Allows you to create flexible customizable pull-quotes without
duplicating text in your markup. Configuration: Presentation » Pull-
Quotes. By Stephen Rider.

Yes, that second one is mine.  I simply typed the link into the
main .php files's description paragraph like so:

without duplicating text in your markup.  <strong>Configuration: <a
href="themes.php?page=jspullquotes.php">Presentation &raquo; Pull-
Quotes</a></strong>.

What we should do is standardize the link like so:

Configuration: themes.php?page=jspullquotes.php

...and WordPress could programatically figure out the "naming" or the
path (e.g. "Presentation > Pull-Quotes" or "Options > DoFollow")

Regards,
Stephen Rider