[wp-hackers] mod_rewrite weirdness

Jeff Waugh jdub at perkypants.org
Sat Jun 16 14:31:42 GMT 2007

<quote who="Elliotte Harold">

> I'm having trouble using any permalink structure except the default query
> string format on a new blog. What's weird is that WordPress 2.1.3 tells me
> to add these rules to my.htaccess file:

> However if I change the permalink structure to use dates or not use dates,
> it tells me to add the exact same rules. It never changes the rules to
> match the permalinks!
>
> This can't be right, can it?

It is. :-) WordPress handles all of that internally, after the rewrite. The
box is just there to make things simpler for people who don't have .htaccess
read-write, and those who host somewhere other than / ... What error do you
get with the other permalink structures?

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2008: Melbourne, Australia        http://lca2008.linux.org.au/

  "There's always a new bogeyman - every two months, there's a new axe to
                 add to the axis of evil." - Michael Moore