[wp-hackers] Crossposting to wordpress.com

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Wed Jun 13 06:28:41 GMT 2007

On Jun 13, 2007, at 1:18 AM, Anthony Yarusso wrote:

> Now I have my blog
> hosted elsewhere, but would like if people could still access the
> content through the wordpress.com site.  Is there a crossposting
> method available for this?

You could use XML-RPC as an API to do this.  Instead of "pulling"
posts into WP.com, you'd be "pushing" them.

You might want to review WP.com's TOS before doing this, however...
IANAL and I am not at all involved with WP.com, but they do have this
prohibition in their TOS [1]:

"the Content is not spam, and does not contain unethical or unwanted
commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or
boost the search engine rankings of third party sites"

If the WP.com blog exists only to push traffic to your main blog, you
might be in violation of that.  Again, IANAL, and am not associated
with WP.com :-)

==
[1] http://wordpress.com/tos/

--