[wp-hackers] trac tickets as support requests

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 18:51:24 GMT 2007

On 6/7/07, Dr. Mike Wendell <theapparatus at gmail.com> wrote:
> Greets:
>
> Re: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4418
>
> Should be go ahead and close these while directing these folks to the
> forums for assistance or should we just leave them for staff to clear
> up?
>
> Thanks,
> -drmike

It is an interesting scenario of when one channel is better than
another: one person's support request really is another's bug report.
It all comes down to how likely the problem is WordPress and if there
is as much detail as possible to investigate it.

Baring a high frequency of reports for the problem described there, I
agree it would be best to nicely redirect the person to
http://wordpress.org/support

Thanks Mike,
Lloyd

PS. not sure about that staff bit ;-)