[wp-hackers] WP issues

Geoffrey Sneddon foolistbar at googlemail.com
Wed Jun 6 15:43:11 GMT 2007

On 6 Jun 2007, at 01:54, Charles wrote:

>>> Since HTML constructs like "<p></p>" are perfectly valid, HTML
>>> obviously allows the solidus on empty tags.
>>
>> Can you please cite something?
>
> Sure.
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?verbose=1&uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwiltgen.net
> %2Fempty
> .html

> solidus
> and all.

an empty tag. That point still stands (the validator marks it as
valid under such a test document, as it is a valid NET tag, which has
a completely different meaning).

>> [1]: http://www.is-thought.co.uk/book/sgml-9.htm#NET
>
> HTML is not SGML.

HTML is. I've explicitly cited the spec yet you refuse to accept what
the spec says? What's unclear about "HTML 4 is an SGML application
conforming to International Standard ISO 8879 -- Standard Generalized
Markup Language [ISO8879]."?

- Geoffrey Sneddon