[wp-hackers] WP issues

Charles lists07 at wiltgen.net
Tue Jun 5 20:00:07 GMT 2007

> No, the solidus represents a null end tag[1].

A solidus is just a forward slash.  Both closing tags for empty elements
("</blah>") and empty elements with a minimized syntax ("<blah />") use a
solidus.

Since HTML constructs like "<p></p>" are perfectly valid, HTML obviously
allows the solidus on empty tags.  You really meant "HTML doesn't allow
empty elements with a minimized syntax", but that's not correct as I noted
below.

You can continue to disagree, but I've said everything I needed to about
this tiny-yet-almost-completely-insignificant issue.

-- Charles