[wp-hackers] WP issues

Elliotte Harold elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Sun Jun 3 12:03:17 GMT 2007

Geoffrey Sneddon wrote:

> I was advocating either ensuring that the output is valid (as any XHTML
> parser can throw a fatal error on invalid XHTML (and yes, I do mean
> invalid, not malformed)) or not using something where fatal errors can
> be thrown (such as HTML).

Good you understand the difference. So many people don't.

For the record, it is a *lot* easier to ensure that output is
well-formed than ensure that it is valid. For my own purposes, I am
happy to stop at well-formedness. I don't mind validity if I get iut,
but it's not essential.

If WordPress can guarantee well-formedness, that's worth doing on its
own, even if it can't guarantee full validity.

Elliotte Rusty Harold  elharo at metalab.unc.edu
Java I/O 2nd Edition Just Published!