[wp-hackers] Integrate URLs from custom plugins?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Sat Jun 2 00:00:25 GMT 2007

Boris Anthony wrote:

> I think what I am missing is understanding how to find the query vars I
> specify in my updated rewrite rules, further along the line, for example
> in a is_test() function (which I call to then send WP the test.php
> template.

Code something like this has worked for me to override template
selection based on what I got into the query variables with rewrite rules:

add_action('template_redirect', 'myplugin_template_override' );

function myplugin_template_override()
   global $wp_query;

   $template = '';
   $q = $wp_query->query_vars;

   if( isset( $q[ 'mycustomvariable' ] )) {
     $template = TEMPLATEPATH . "/mycustomtemplate.php";
   }

   if( strlen( $template ) && file_exists( $template )) {
     include( $template );
     exit;
   }
}