[wp-hackers] 2.0 branch

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Sat Jul 28 09:36:55 GMT 2007

On Sat, 2007-07-28 at 13:13 +1000, Jeremy Visser wrote:
> Alex Günsche wrote:
> > (For example, I use only 2.0.x for myself and for customer projects,
> > as I couldn't guarantee consistency accross upgrades with the later
> > series.)
>
> In what way? If that were the case, that would suggest something is
> seriously wrong our upgrading philosophy.

Mostly because of plugins, which may break or malfunction with upgrades.
But also because of changing core functions used in plugins and themes.
If I install WordPress for somebody, I do not want to fix broken
features on every release. I want to have a perspective of some years
with the least amount of internal changes.

Alex

--
Alex Günsche, Zirona OpenSource-Consulting
http://www.zirona.com/ | Hilfe für das HQ AC: http://www.prohq.de