[wp-hackers] strange get_posts behaviour in 2.1.1

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jul 26 20:25:25 GMT 2007

No, it's just that your code is wrong.

You're getting the posts into the $news array, and then you're
foreach'ing through them, setting each one to $post. What you're
missing is that just having the post inside $post doesn't make all the
template tags like get_permalink and the_title and such automagically
use them.

Add a call to setup_postdata($post) at the beginning of the foreach
loop. This will setup all the template tags correctly.