[wp-hackers] 404 page for missing .js file?

Andrew Ozz admin at laptoptips.ca
Wed Jul 18 16:00:45 GMT 2007

Hi, is there an easy way to stop WordPress from generating 404 html
pages for missing .js and .css files? These are completely useless, as
the user never sees them anyway, just slow everything down.

I know I can edit .htaccess and fix this, but I'm working on a plugin
that hit another bug/limitation in WordPress and was hoping to turn
these 404 pages off from whitin the plugin. Or perhaps I could file an
"enhancement" ticket on trac.wordpress.org.