[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Fri Jul 13 10:14:50 GMT 2007

WordPress 2.3 / 3.0 / whatever (the next large release) going PHP5 if
there's a benefit gets my vote. Users stuck on PHP4 can stick to 2.0 / 2.2 /
whatever which will stay secure.

Frankly, I think if it were up to hosts, they'd all still be on PHP3 or
worse. But packages moved on and hosts were forced to update, and for their
and their users own good. Hosts need to get with the times and a little
nudge from packages like WordPress wouldn't be a bad thing in my book. Plus
hell, people really shouldn't stick to hosts who refuse to update.

My 2 cents.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/