[wp-hackers] WordPress Uses "Wrong" Apostrophe in Blog Title

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 03:45:58 GMT 2007

Apostrophes should be defined by the Font in use, not be what someone says
"should be used". The last time I checked, windows uses Trebuchet MS as the
font for most of the OS. In Trebuchet MS, the "neutral apostrophe" is used.
In other fonts, they might use the "curly apostrophe". The font should be
the deciding party on what the apostrophe should look like, not WordPress...
Or... is WordPress just using htmlspecialchars()? In which case, take the
last sentence and replace "WordPress" with "PHP".

Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/