[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 20:18:01 GMT 2007

On 7/7/07, Jamie Holly <hovercrafter at earthlink.net> wrote:

> I guess that's why I have mixed feelings over this whole thing. PHP5 only
> would be awesome from a development stand point, but will it be just as
> beneficial to the average end user?

In the end, yes, I think it would. It might not be in the beginning, but in
the future, we'll be able to make WordPress even better. We'll be able to
make it more efficient and more secure, and not have to work around
difference in PHP 4 and 5. It'll make development better, too, since we
won't have to test in PHP 4, too.

So, the difference isn't going to happen right away, it's going to be
something that's going to make WordPress better in the future.

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/