[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Daniel Jalkut jalkut at red-sweater.com
Fri Jul 6 18:56:56 GMT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 2:43 PM, Charles wrote:
> Is it a leadership problem?  Is it that we don't care about the
> foundational
> technology?  Os it is just that we're, as a group, gutless?

I for one applaud WordPress's resistance to holding its users hostage
for the sake of software politics. I understand many people feel
passionately about updating to PHP 5, but I don't think it's
WordPress's job to follow that passion through. WordPress's job is to
make software that meets the needs of current users, while maximizing
the likelihood of adoption by future users.

The "wait and see" attitude that is so offensive to some of you seems
like a leadership solution, not a problem.

Daniel