[wp-hackers] Drop PHP4 support entirely?

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Thu Jul 5 20:41:15 GMT 2007

Exactly.  Take 1and1, for example, a very large host.

Is there some test that could be done that would allow setup to
programmatically hack the .htaccess file (ala permalinks)?  I can see this
being a major technical stumbling block to new bloggers, and pretty much
rain on the "famous five minute install".