[wp-hackers] Advantage (or not) of hosting badges

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sun Jul 1 07:18:51 GMT 2007

I agree with Gali.

I've got a couple of badges on my site, and I ask (nicely) that people
hotlink them instead of copying them - just so I can make minor changes and
have everyone using the same badge. I don't even monitor the usage numbers
because they really are meaningless. It's an impression. If this person
sticks it in their signature on a forum they frequent, it'll get billions of
hits; most of which are absoloutely pointless since another million people
are doing the same thing.