[wp-hackers] using translated strings for action names

FUJINAKA Tohru tohru at nakarika.com
Sun Jul 1 06:15:10 GMT 2007

Hi,

> it appears that someone beat me to it by one full day:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4563

It's me. :)

Well,

> tries to run an action called "options_page_foo"
>
> This seems reasonable (although it looks like a textbook case for the
> YAFL antipattern), but...

How come is it reasonable?
It isn't enough that just using $file argument of add_xxx_page() to
build action names?

Conditions:
 a. in case add_xxx_page() without the last argument $function,
    $file must be unique among WP and related files.
 b. in case add_xxx_page() with the last argument $function set,
    $file is used just for action names, not used by `include'.
    so plugin developer could set $file freely like as an unique ID.
    Without framework's help that adding prefix from parent's menu
    text and `_page_', developers still make hook tags to be unique.

--
  FUJINAKA Tohru as reedom<tohru at nakarika.com>