[wp-hackers] Rewrite hacking/recreation

Alex King lists at alexking.org
Mon Jan 29 21:11:09 GMT 2007

On Jan 29, 2007, at 2:00 PM, Mark Jaquith wrote:
> On Jan 29, 2007, at 3:53 PM, Alex King wrote:
>
> Are you sure you've tried it with:
>
> 	(1) the rewrite rule placed before the WP block

Yes. In fact, there was no WP block at all in WP 1.5 in the site I
ran into this on.

> 	(2) rewriting to /index.php/foo/?whatever=blah (as opposed to /
> foo/?whatever=blah

No, I rewrote it to /index.php?pagename=foo

> 	(3) [QSA,L]

Yes.

I think you may have glossed over the point I was trying to make.

WordPress looks at $_SERVER['PATH_INFO'] and $_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']
- neither of those seem to be properly updated to reflect a rewritten
URL where $_GET variables do reflect the rewritten URL.

Of course, I ran into these hassles when I upgraded in early 2006:

http://alexking.org/blog/2006/03/11/upgrading-wordpress/
http://alexking.org/blog/2006/03/13/changes-in-wp-20

so my recollection of all this is not particularly recent.

Cheers,
--Alex

Personal   http://alexking.org
Business   http://kingdesign.net