[wp-hackers] Enhance WP to use page categories

Filipe Fortes fil at fortes.com
Thu Jan 25 00:57:38 GMT 2007

My post levels plugin sets the post status to private* and relies on a
custom field to determine who can see it -- I've definitely had future
proofing issues (the plugin gets broken every major, and some minor, release
of WP).

I've figured out how to use the query filter to change the necessary sql to
get category counts, archives, pages, etc to work -- but it's quite hacky.

Takeaway: Using post_status was not the path of least resistance :)   But it
does ensure that private posts aren't shown if the plugin gets disabled