[wp-hackers] help with optimizing MySQL

Dr. Mike Wendell theapparatus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 21 21:50:36 GMT 2007

Greets:

I know that this is a WPMU question but I'm going to throw it out
anyway and hope someone nibbles.

Anyone have a method of optimizing a very large amount of tables with
a MySQL database?  Say about 8k of them?

I thought about kicking out a list of the tables into a txt file and
then using an editor like UltraEdit to make each line into a MySQL
command and putting the output into a PHP file and running that but I
would rather have something I can point folks to in the WPMu forums
and say "Do this" instead of having to explain how to come up with a
list of table names.

Thanks,
-drmike

--