[wp-hackers] Upgrade instructions fatally flawed for Mac

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 18:17:16 GMT 2007

On 1/17/07, Andy Staines <andy at yellowswordfish.com> wrote:
> As I said above - it effects anyone who may (unlikely perhaps but not
> impossible) be using OSX Server. Forget FTP -  it is irrelevant. A
> folder replace on OSX (server of otherwise) replaces ALL contents.
> Same for people like me running an Apache server on my iMac. And
> users may not be aware that they are being hosted on OSX...

This still does not ring true to me. MacOS X FTP server software will
follow the FTP protocol.

It is quite some time ago that I experienced this, but in my
experience it was Finder, and I recall using other file managers on
Mac OS X that did not destroy-replace folders.

What FTP client are you using? Finder? Or are you using Finder locally
on your server?