[wp-hackers] Translation/language issue in latest dev build

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Tue Jan 16 03:32:34 GMT 2007

Ryan Boren wrote:
> On 1/15/07, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
>>
>> So I am wondering, has something major changed in how gettext or
>> translations are done, between 2.0.6 and the current dev version of
>> WordPress?  Meanwhile, I'll keep poking around...
>
> This might be related to bug #3577, which was just fixed.
>
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3577
>
> Do you still have the problem with the latest svn?

That looked promising -- the .mo file was indeed created by POEdit, as
described in the bug report.

However, updating WordPress to SVN trunk version 4736 (which got the
new version of gettext.php and everything else updated since Friday)
did not fix the problem I am seeing. Also, I didn't have the problem I
am currently seeing in 2.0.6, and the only difference between
getttext.php between the 2.0.6 version and the 4736 version appears to
be the new change. So...

I'll do some more testing tomorrow.

Thanks,
     --Jennifer