[wp-hackers] Final push for 2.1

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Tue Jan 9 08:37:50 GMT 2007

On 1/8/07, Charles <lists06 at wiltgen.net> wrote:

> > A lot of issues can only be found once WP is deployed in quantity -
> > in order for that to happen we have to try to get as many people as
> > possible to use WP 2.1 before its *official* release.
>
> Speaking of that, I'd like to graduate from "one who uses production
> releases only after they've been out for a month" to "one who sometimes
> deploys beta releases", starting with the 2.1 beta.
>
> The WordPress site doesn't have a link to get the 2.1 beta.  I've joined
> WP Testers, but in the meantime I could use some guidance:
>
>         - Should I be using the latest beta release posted to that
> forum?  (In which case, could someone please post the URL?)

http://wordpress.org/beta/wordpress-2.1-beta1.zip

A beta2 will be coming soon. I want to push out packages more often so
people can get up-to-date bits without having to use svn.

        - Or, is the recommendation to get the latest 2.1 nightly via SVN?

SVN is preferred because it is always up-to-date, but the beta packages are
fine if you don't want to hassle with SVN.

Ryan