[wp-hackers] Final push for 2.1

Nikolay Bachiyski nbachiyski at developer.bg
Mon Jan 8 08:53:58 GMT 2007

2007/1/8, Ryan Boren <ryan at boren.nu>:
> Can we realistically target the end of January(around the 22nd maybe) for a
> 2.1 release?  We've been running the latest 2.1 bits on
> wordpress.com without incident, and bug reports seem to have slowed
> lately.  What, in your
> opinion, is holding us back from a 2.1 release?

We should give notice to the localization crowd to be prepared. Also
maybe I should issue the pot files more regularly and let translators
review and catch up if there are any updated strings.

I guess discussing the topic about the internationalization of plugins
and themes meta data should be postponed for at least 2.2 ;)

Also, in my opinion it will be very helpful to release a public (by
public I mean on the dev blog and everything) in order to have
first-hand experience from a broader public.

Happy happy,
Nikolay Bachiyski