[wp-hackers] WP and FeedBurner Disconnects

Aaron Brazell emmensetech at gmail.com
Sat Jan 6 19:06:46 GMT 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 2:57 AM, Mark Jaquith wrote:

> 2.0.7 was already planned, and the issue only affects 304'd feed
> requests, so it's not the end of the world, although I suspect I'll
> get my fair share of crap for it.  Whatever you do, don't
> discourage people from upgrading.  2.0.5 has multiple XSS issues
> and a potential SQL injection issue.

Forgive me for being dense, but doesn't a 304 get returned when a
feed is not changed? In other words, if a post is made, the feed
changes. But then the next time the feed is accessed by Feedburner,
the feed is not changed so FB will get a 304 kicking off this bug?
That to me, _would_ seem like the end of the world, but maybe I'm not
completely comprehending the issue.

I have not seen a problem yet on b5 blogs but I'm holding my breath.
Maybe it's time to do an upgrade to r7225 (assuming 7225 has the
commit that fixes this)?
--
Aaron Brazell
Technology Architect, b5media