[wp-hackers] Checking plugins versions

Alex Günsche ag.ml2007 at zirona.com
Tue Jan 2 16:31:38 GMT 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-02 at 16:44 +0100, Arne Brachhold wrote:
> there was a thread about this topic and the possible technologies some
> time ago on this list, see
>
> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-July/007478.html
> http://comox.textdrive.com/pipermail/wp-hackers/2006-July/007481.html
>
> I don't know if somebody (Computer Guru?) continued to develop the
> plugin, but maybe this information is useful for you.

I should have mentioned that I do know about this discussion (see
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/91718), and I had contacted Mr.
"Computer Guru". Unfortunately, he didn't manage to send me his code,
although he said he had no time to continue it and that he was willing
to send it. (But nevermind, I had chosen a different approach anyway.)

I also wanted to introduce my ideas on the wp-hackers list, but I
had (and still have) these annoying issues with my signed mails on this
list. As I had other things to do around this time, I forgot about it.
But now I decided to join the discussion again, as I still think this is
a very important feature for a system like WordPress, and I would really
love to write this particular piece of code. :-)

Best regards,
Alex

--
Alex Günsche, http://www.zirona.com/