[wp-hackers] Post style buttons

Doug Stewart zamoose at gmail.com
Mon Feb 26 19:39:58 GMT 2007

On 2/26/07, Elliotte Harold <elharo at metalab.unc.edu> wrote:
> Doug Stewart wrote:
>
> > Depends on whether I'm writing semantically or not.  As a
> > victim^h^h^h^h^h^hgraduate of the finest in NJEA educational
> > opportunities, I was never taught the actual reasons for italics,
> > underlining, etc. Pretty much had to figure that out for myself.
> >
> > (Hooray NJ teachers' unions!)
> >

> I went to an elite, non-unionized private Jesuit high school, and I
> didn't learn that either. Don't blame the unions for not wasting time
> teaching you esoteric details of little relevance outside the small
> community of professional copy editors.

Oh, I don't blame them for that, well, except for the endless
bibliographies  I was forced to compile for report after report.  A
little "this is why we do it this way" is always helpful.

'Course, that would have gotten in the way of my reading of "banned"
books and "social studies" classes that studiously avoid studying real
history in the furtherance of political indoctrination, but hey, I'm
not bitter!

*grin*

--
-Doug