[wp-hackers] mysql_real_connect instead of mysql_connect

sai krishna hodude81 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 26 05:26:46 GMT 2007

Hi,

  I was trying an update query in the wordpress for the plugin I'm implementing. It was not updating successfully. I initially thought it was my table structure problem but later found it is the problem because of using mysql_connect. I was supposed to set the flag CLIENT_FOUND_ROWS which is available in mysql_real_connect

  MySQL now a days is suggesting  mysql_real_connect to fix such problems and mysql_connect is being depreceated for all the later versions starting from version 4.1
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-real-connect.html
  http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-connect.html