[wp-hackers] Finding bugs to fix on Trac

Mark Jaquith mark.wordpress at txfx.net
Sun Feb 25 22:15:48 GMT 2007

On Feb 25, 2007, at 11:07 AM, Jennifer Hodgdon wrote:

> Thanks! I've updated "Contributing to WordPress" on the Codex to
> point to this report, since it's much more useful now. :)

Hey Jennifer,

Lloyd has requested that the original query be restored, as that
report was useful to him as is.  So what I did was restore the "Needs
Patch" report to its former functionality (shows all tickets that
lack "has-patch" tag), and I created a new report called "Lacks
Attachment" that has the new query (shows all tickets that either (a)
lack an attachment or (b) are marked "needs-patch")

So Report 14 (Needs Patch) is nice for seeing which tickets have not
been definitely marked as having a patch.

Report 18 (Lacks Attachment) is nice for people looking for a virgin
ticket with no patch.  If your code finger is itching and you want to
code up the first solution to a problem, this is where you want to look.

Both are useful, but to different groups.  And if you have
suggestions for new reports that might be helpful, let me know!

--
Mark Jaquith
http://markjaquith.com/

Covered Web Services