[wp-hackers] Finding bugs to fix on Trac

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Thu Feb 22 23:20:45 GMT 2007

>> Yeah, it would be great if everyone used them, so the reports would
>> return something useful, besides just a list of all the bugs that are
>> still open. Oh well!

> They are fairly consistently used, can you be more specific so we can
> identify the problem?

OK, run the "Needs Patch" report:
     http://trac.wordpress.org/report/13
(this returns the tickets that are open and not marked with "has-patch")

Right now, 4 of the top 10 tickets in the list have something that
looks like a patch file attached to them; farther down in the list, I
clicked on 5 random items and 3 had patches attached. Hence my
conclusion that the keywords are not being used by everyone to mark
that tickets have been patched (I am probably guilty).

My thought was that, given that we have a couple of WordPress
developers on the list, presumably someone could write a quick SQL
join query and make a new report that checks to find Trac items that
actually do not have patch files attached, since presumably the
attachments are stored in a database table... ?? I would try it
myself, but I don't apparently have permission to create reports (even
for my own use). The so-called "Custom Query" page does not have this
capability either. Might be interesting to add it...

     --Jennifer