[wp-hackers] Finding bugs to fix on Trac

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Thu Feb 22 19:37:25 GMT 2007

On 2/21/07, Jennifer Hodgdon <yahgrp at poplarware.com> wrote:
> I was wondering, if someone wanted to contribute to the WordPress
> effort by fixing some of the reported bugs, how would you suggest they
> figure out which ones actually need fixing?

First and foremost, fix whichever ones bother you.  We also do bug
triage on the #wordpress-dev channel, and we occasionally have bug
days on #wordpress-bugs.

> It seems like the best thing to do would be to design a new report
> that actually checked if there were patch files associated with a bug
> (should be possible, as the reports are just SQL statements, and the
> patches must be in a table somewhere?)... but normal users cannot
> create reports...

We have a few keywords we use: commit, has-patch, dev-feedback,
2nd-opinion, needs-testing, reporter-feedback.   The various reports
created from these are here:

http://trac.wordpress.org/report