[wp-hackers] multisite wordpress

Boris Anthony lists.permutype at gmail.com
Thu Feb 22 03:35:27 GMT 2007

On 22-Feb-07, at 12:36 AM, Dr. Mike Wendell wrote:

>> multisite
>> >http://mu.wordpress.org
>>
>> Plus WordPress.com does this natively through WordPress 2.1 proper
>> doesn't
>> it?  How is that done? (If it is not improper to ask.)
>
> wp.com is a wordpress multiuser site.  The software is found at the
> *.org site listed above.
>
> Please don't get me wrong.  I would love to see this functionality
> within regular wp as "subblogs".  Completely seperate blogs would be
> the WPMu software.

Yup, agreed there.

Reading the description, it does essentially seem like exactly the
same, in principle, as WPMU, except without the benefit of the
handful of "site wide" common DB tables (which allow for a lot of
site wide management and hackery :D

I would very much like to hear the reasoning of the developer why his
version is better. :)

B.