[wp-hackers] Query - how to make wordpress work with oracle 10.2.02 DB?

Ryan Boren ryan at boren.nu
Wed Feb 21 23:17:17 GMT 2007

On 2/21/07, Jamie Talbot <wphackers at jamietalbot.com> wrote:
> It's probably not as easy as that unfortunately - a lot of the SQL calls built in to WordPress use
> MySQL specific syntax.  Take SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS for example - the Oracle equivalent would just be
> found_rows.  A lot of people have asked for database abstraction over the years (especially so they
> could use Postgres), and some work was started on it, but it didn't receive much support from the
> core devs and I'm not sure if it came to anything...

wp-content/db.php, if present, will be loaded instead of wp-db.php.
db.php would need to provide a custom wpdb class and do any filtering
of the queries necessary to make them compatible with the target DB.
Someone did this awhile ago for sqlite, and WPMU and WPCOM do
something similar.

http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/2317/sqlite%2Bwordpress.2.0.2-2.diff

Ryan