[wp-hackers] file post-uploading hook?

Amis/Pixline - Assistenza supporto at pixline.net
Mon Feb 19 12:36:30 GMT 2007

Hi everybody,
this is my first - and hope not the last - post in this mailing
list,  so I beg your pardon if I ask for something already asked, but
I can't find nothing useful to me. Please excuse my awful english
too :-)

I'm working to port a complex website (with its own hand-made CMS) to
wordpress, and I've managed to emulate nearly every feature it has
with a bunch of plugins, except two or three of them, and I'm trying
to convert my legacy code into a new plugin.
On the actual CMS we had a function to sanitize the file names and
manipulate uploaded files (like stripping spaces and not allowed
chars, converting all lowercase, and filling mp3 idv2 tags with the
post meta data); I'd love to port that function to wordpress, but I
can't find any hook to plug it with.

There is a way to hook or append some code on the file uploading, or
I need to hack inline-uploading directly?

Really thanks for your time, I'll keep on googling anyway in the mean
time.

Paolo Tresso
Web Developer
Pixline Freelance Network