[wp-hackers] GETting wp-comments-post.php

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Mon Feb 19 02:45:22 GMT 2007

Elliotte Harold wrote:
> More to the point I would rather clients be allowed to cache my pages.
> My site's slow enough as is and it's not like I change them all that
> often. Is there a way I can configure this short of hacking on the
> source code?

A plugin (wp-cache-headers) that sent proper last-modified and such for
every page in WP (it could use the same hooks wp-cache does) would be
pretty cool. If you put it behind a reverse proxy you could have
something just like wp-cache but even faster.

The headers you noticed on the comments file is from this line:

nocache_headers();

Which we use occasionally in WP in places that should never be cached by
clients.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com