[wp-hackers] HTML Purifier

Mike Little mike at zed1.com
Wed Feb 14 10:27:08 GMT 2007

On 2/14/07, Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <bhawkeslewis at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Peter Westwood wrote:
>
> > I do think we need super correctly (x)html purification in the core either
> > to me it is the perfect job for a plugin - if people want it they can
> > install it.
>
> Producing conformant markup should be core functionality for WordPress
> because it purports to have a focus on "web standards".
>
> "super correctly" implies that you can have partially correct XML, but
> XML is either well-formed or it isn't. There's no twilight zone.

Without expressing an opinion on the should we/shouldn't we debate, I
will point out that there is a lot more to XHTML than well-formed XML.
That is merely the foundation.

For example if we were to use XHTML strict,
  <center>some text</center>
is perfectly formed XML. But it is not allowed in strict XHTML

Mike
--
Mike Little
http://zed1.com/