[wp-hackers] Re: yes, hide_errors but now log_errors too; if so, where?

Martin Cleaver mrjcleaver at gmail.com
Mon Feb 12 14:03:46 GMT 2007

On 2/11/07, Matt Mullenweg <m at mullenweg.com> wrote:

> Martin at Cleaver.org wrote:
> > (16:25:08) *MartinCleaver:* I think my install is experiencing problems
> > that
> > are muted by hide_errors
> > (16:25:21) *MartinCleaver:* I think that logging during errors would
> allow
> > me to diagnose

Then just take out the hide errors line, and try again.

> PHP also has a function called error_log which you could use in the code:
>
> http://us3.php.net/error_log

Thankyou. I wanted to see whether there was a recommended way. As that has
so many options I'll wrap PHP's error_log in a wp class.

I don't think this is really relevant to core development. We only use
> hide_errors in fairly safe places, and there are no known
> DB-error-causing bugs in any of our code.

Ok. Fair enough. I had thought such a feature might have been universally
appealing.

In the future, it would be polite to the numerous people on this list to
> keep emails short and to the point, I'm not sure if having this entire
> conversation from IRC really adds anything to your earlier request that
> couldn't be said in a sentence or two.

Sure. Thinking back I agree it was unwarranted. Please accept my apologies
for that.

Martin.

--
> Matt Mullenweg