[wp-hackers] Tagging, Categorizing, Labeling, Classifying: Taxonomics and Folksonomics in WordPress

Chris Williams chris at clwill.com
Mon Feb 12 06:30:49 GMT 2007

<$0.02>

I think this is a great idea: splitting the functionality of having a bare
tagging schema (and the UI to add them to a post) from all the options such
as display/clouds/bells&whistles and even import/export.  Lightens up UTW,
allows the separation of the display from implementation (just good Computer
Science), allows people to choose a cloud plug-in, or a list plug-in, or...
Seems like a great idea.

And yes, I think tagging is a core functionality.  As I've said before,
tagging is not a just tagging, think of it as an index, as keywords, as a
semantic element, not just a way to a cute tag cloud.  Keyword indexes are
an important part of any publishing system.

</$0.02>
Chris